Monday, July 23, 2007

Virginia Beach Beating



We had a FUNtastic weekend at VA Beach this past weekend...We stayed at the Marriott, and had a nice, clean room. The first night we went to a restaurant on the boardwalk, called Mahi Mah's, where we had a nice view of a band playing. The food was incredible but insanely overpriced. MB wasn't too crazy about his food because it came with pieces of decorative grass on it. Afterward, we walked along the beach and headed back to the hotel.


The next day, we headed straight to the beach! It wasn't too hot, thanks to the cool breeze. The waves were huge (the danger flag was up), and I literally got the poop kicked out of me, and many nose enemas. A word of advice to girls...do not wear a bikini! I lost my top about 10 times in 5 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) I was trying to stay balanced and worry about my top, not a good combination! Anywho, I was off to buy myself a T-Shirt before I went back in. Second time going back in was much better, I only got knocked down about 10 times this time. By the third time going in, I swam out further to avoid the big waves.


We headed back to the hotel to soak in the hot tub and change, and then we headed out to a restau. called Sharx. It was kind of like a pool hall/nightclub. We had some good grub, and headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep!


Sunday was back to the beach, with some shopping thrown in. All the stores along the main strip (Pacific Way) were relatively the same, so it made picking up souvenirs easy.


We swam for the rest of the day. The waves were more frequent than the day before, and there were lots of surfers out...I have never got my butt kicked as bad as I did on Sunday. Let's just say that I got smashed around, and practically broke both feet, did backward summersaults underwater (not willingly)...landed on my hip bone, and landed right on my princess bone. For those who don't know what a princess bone is, its your pubic bone on the front of the female anatomy. I have NO IDEA how I managed to hit the bottom like that. I have many a bruise my friends...but it was fun!!! MB got hurt pretty bad when he tried to boogie board...His body got bent in half and he landed the wrong way on the board. He got out of the water and went to lie down on the towel for quite some time...Can't say it wasn't exciting! The lifeguards were on their toes the whole time! I got waved in a couple of times for going out too far, and that was probably only twenty or so feet.


We all had a good time, and Marc and I hope to go back before the season ends...

*click on the slide show to enable captions*

2 comments:

Cari said...

GREAT pics! Love the one of you in the hat and sunnies (Aussie slang for sunglasses) and the one of just your head sticking out of the sand is great too! Looks like a really fun weekend!
C.

Joey said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!

No beaches like that in Montreal. Poooo!