Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Brighton, Michigan Birthday



Marc, Andrea, MB and I hopped in the new company truck, and headed off to Michigan on Thurs. morning. For those who don't know, our company just bought a new Ford F450 to drive to tournaments in. It made for a very nice ride because I felt so safe in it! It's a new low ethanol diesel fuel truck, which made it pretty difficult to find gas stations that carried it. MB had the bright idea of putting an extra gas tank in the back in case of emergency (not just a hat rack I guess). Anywho, lots of reading and naps and playing DS on the way there.

Once we arrived, we unhitched the trailer and headed to hotel to have supper with the owners of the field, at The Outback. Then it was off to bed.

The next morning we were at the field by 7 am, to set up the the trailer. That took about an hour, then it was time to sell, sell, sell! Roughly 2500 people turned out for the Big Game. Let me tell you it was hot, and my feet were killing me! I tried not to complain, and tried to keep smiling despite the fact I was peeing in stinky Porta Poties. Yes, I know I'm a little bit of a princess.


We decided that Friday night would be the best time to celebrate by B-day. Another vendor recommended a restaurant in town that we would enjoy called Stillwater. We sat on a terrace overlooking a pond with cute little swans. Andrea & I ordered King Crab legs which were SO GOOD, and Marc and MB ordered steaks. Afterward, we headed back to the hotel for a much needed sleep.

My official b-day was awesome too. Marc presented me with my new Nintendo Wii, and lots of controllers, as well as the Paper Mario game. I never thought I'd be this excited over video games! MB and Andrea also gave me a very generous Borders gift card, and funny cat book as well.
Marc also surprised me with a new laptop! Sweet! I loooove it! I had mentioned that I wanted one of the new Dell laptops, then he secretly got me one...That's one gift that I didn't guess for once!

Aside from feeling that I worked at a carnival, the weekend was nice. I got a feel for what MB does in his job, and have a new found respect for the hard work that he does. NOT! Just kidding. He drinks hard. I mean he works hard. LOL I'm so kidding. I'm sure he's going to ask me to remove that. But really, I was there for a few days, and this event was considered small to the ones that he usually goes to, and I was super exhausted at the end of the day. We were lucky to have access to a hot tub and pool at the hotel. I can't imagine working at an event for a week straight. He's a trooper.

The highlight of being there this weekend was going around on the golf carts to hand out stickers to the players, and also driving through the forest during the game. Oh, and staring at the Marines all day. They were there to recruit the kids.

We headed back on Monday morning, and had a safe trip home.

I will be posting more pics. of our time there. I forgot my camera on Friday and Sat. so I was using MB's. You'll have to wait till next week to see all the others...

I want to thank everyone who called, sent gifts, emails etc...It really meant a lot since it's my first b-day away from everyone! Miss you all...more than you know!

1 comment:

Joey said...

happy birthday again Katie. Marc sure knows how to spoil you, what a good man!!!

Glad you enjoyed the big game. . . camo clad Rambo wannabes scare me.

:)