Thursday, July 05, 2007

My 1st Independence Day



We headed up to Pennsylvania on Tuesday evening, to Andrea's cottage. The cottage is on a nice lake, surrounded by LOTS of trees.

Since it was my first July 4th spent in the US, I was curious to see if there would be any differences. Nope! The only difference was the amount of personal fireworks. MB brought up an arsenal of them. He, Marc and Dan, choreographed a pretty sweet show on Wednesday night. It seemed like whenever someone lit one, someone else in the town had to set off a loud explosion of their own. A million explosions, and two Advils later, I was having a great time.

We spent all of Wednesday on the water with Andrea, MB, Andrea's brother Dan, and Ellie Mae. Dan took us on a boat tour of the area, and we stopped for a swim. No need for water shoes 'cos it was deep!!! As you can see from the above pics, I lost my top. Actually, Marc thought he was a comic genius, and untied my bikini. Lucky for him, I'm a good sport!

Guess who had an even better time? Andrea and MB. The big secret? MB proposed!!!! They will be getting married next June. I barely drank, or talked on Tuesday night, for fear that I would let it slip out...I was so relieved that he did it on Wednesday morning.
Marc and I were outside blowing up the air matresses, and Andrea came out with a big smile on her face, and said, "I got it!"
MB had proposed to her in the house. He asked her if he should wear his Speedo, and she said yes. He said, "Well if I wear the Speedo, will you wear this?"...So sweet!

4 comments:

Joey said...

Wow!

Thats awesome, I'm happy for MB. That is great news.

Anonymous said...

WOW.....that is big news.....
Holy Toledo!!.....That is really nice.....looks like you guys had a great great time.....
looks like it was fun fun fun!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO MB AND ANDREA!!
SO NICE!!

Anonymous said...

Hi katie,
I said to myself...does Katie have a top on...what kind of goings on happens with those guys!!
My goodness....thank goodness Hugh Hefner wasn;t around..ahahah
I like the one of you and Marc out with your floaters in the lake...looks nice!

Kat said...

Which floaters? jk