Sunday, July 08, 2007

Day In Leesburg





Marc and I spent Saturday at our friend Steve's. He had to go to his son's graduation from boot camp, in the Virginia Beach. We went to watch his dog Diesel. If you remember Diesel he was the Rottweiler who used to play with Vegas. He is in a video with Vegas in a previous post. It's been awhile since we've seen him, I forgot how HUGE he is. We played outside quite a bit but the heat forced us back inside.
Marc and I headed to downtown Leesburg, which like Winchester, is very old and a lot like old Mtl. and Pte-Claire village. There were amazing antique stores, and cute little shops, that were insanely overpriced.
The highlight of our time there was at a store called, The Reign of Cats and Dogs. Its a novelty store, with cute pet products, and gourmet treats for cats and dogs.
I found a cool portrait by an artist named Krista Brooks, who creates a commercial, retro twist on different breeds of cats and dogs. See link below.
Then I noticed a huge painting on the wall. It was done by a local artist, who does animal portraits. She takes a Photoshopped picture of your pet and transfers it onto a canvas. As you can see from the finished product (above), they are amazing! Anyway, guess what we'll be getting? Yup, one of Vegas. We're going to send some images of Vegas to the artist, and go from there. I am SO excited!
We headed back to Steve's and had a big cookout with his son and his friends. I was stuffed!
I'm off to see Transformers, apparently its amazing!!!


Check out the store that we went to...
http://thereignofcatsanddogs.com/


http://www.retropets.com/default.asp



Diesel


What's your dog's Real Age?


http://www.dogage.com/reg/regassess.aspx?cbr=RA25_RA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Katie,
As always enjoy your blog.....
sounds like the perfect store for pet owners who are always looking for something new and exciting..
Hope you do get your picture done of Vegas.....would be very impressive! You'll be wanting to go back there soon!
Whoa!!

Joey said...

I'd love that store I'm sure!

I spoil my moggies far too much as it is!

Katie, if you don't mind me being all nosy can you email how much the lady quotes you for a picture. . . .

I'd love to do one up of my kitties. . . .