Monday, July 16, 2007

Another Long Winded Post..exciting 3 hours for me...

This weekend, Marc went to the Skirmish event in Pennsylvania. I stayed home and played DS with Olga via Wifi. It WAS exciting! I will not post about that, since I got slack for the last one, and want to keep my readers happy! :)

I was supposed to meet Marc at Andrea's for supper yesterday, which is about an hour from us. This is a normal thing to have to drive long distances here. So at 6 p.m., I was on my merry way. I stopped at the gas station for a drink and some Twizzlers, and got hit on by Clint Eastwood. He was a cowboy in the true sense of the word. He had the whole get up, minus the chaps.
I'm still not used to the cowboy aspect of VA.
Anywho, I got caught in a HUGE thunderstorm, and had to pull over. I ended up missing my turn, and got off at an unknown exit. I went to pull a U-Turn (which was legal) and all of a sudden the sheriff who was behind me, put his lights on. So I pulled over, and he got out of the car...I got my papers ready for him, and when he got to my window, I looked up, only to see how HOT HE WAS!!! He was very polite as we stared into each others eyes, and smiled and giggled at each other, for no apparent reason...Apparently I had stopped in the fast lane, even though I was in a 35 zone! Weird...

He came back and gave me my papers, and told me he was going to wave my ticket. :)

I was very thankful. He then informed me, that according to Canadian authorities, I was a victim of identity fraud. That pretty much freaked me out. I told him about how my bank card was frauded awhile ago... So we both assumed that my file hadn't been closed...I was there with the Sheriff and his buddy, for close to an hour....He gave me his number, in case I needed to follow up with him. Home number that is...;)

Meanwhile, Marc, MB, and Andrea were so worried about me, that they piled in the car, to look for me along the highway. The storm had destroyed a lot of trees, and caused lots of accidents. They called the radio station, deputy, and the fire department to alert them that I was missing! LOL!
So everyone in VA was looking for me...hehe.

Anyway, it all turned out, and I got home in one piece.

I'm thankful that I have such good friends who care.

P.S. I think I should get my cell reconnected. All of this could have been avoided.

P.S.S. Girls, if you ever get pulled over, act dumb, and flirt like crazy!!!
P.S.S.S. I think I'm ovulating.



3 comments:

Joey said...

don't you just love a man in uniform. . . .

;)

Cari said...

I laughed reading your post because the whole time I was reading it, I was imagining how you would tell me a story like this between screaming kids, at the daycare! You'd tell the story all calm and together, in a soft voice...I would gasp loudly and react dramatically and think you're just the coolest chick I know! Ahhh...the good ole days! hehe:) For now I'm glad I can still read them on your blog! Miss ya lots!
C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
My goodness.....you do attract attention.....thank goodness you were okay and everything worked out....
Hallelujah!!