Monday, May 07, 2007

80th Apple Blossom Festival


Marc and I had a relaxing weekend at Andrea's. Her and her brother went to the MAO (Mid Atlantic Open) in SC. Marc and I headed up on Friday evening. Grandma and I enjoyed our drinks, I had a whole bottle of champagne and she had her beer. Needless to say we had lots of laughs and good conversation. She loves watching Westerns and I definetly got caught up in that department!lol
Marc and I headed to the Parade on Sat. It was not unlike any other. There were tons of dancers, horses, marching bands, and floats that I didn't quite understand. Since we were in the country, there were lots of tractors too.
Guess who was the Grand Marshal? Wayne Newton! I didn't get to see him but I wish I had. I used to sing his music in front of the mirror as a kid.
We also went to the Texas Steak House for supper on Sunday. I had the Mahi Mahi with a sweet potato (yams). They brought it to me with cinnamon and marshmellows on top!YUK! I scooped off the candy and enjoyed the rest.
Hope everyone had a good one too!
P.S. The Queen of England was here too...

4 comments:

Joey said...

You know for all the time I spent living in England, and going back and forth to London and to Windsor Castle, I never got to see that Broad!

Did you get to see her? I'm sooooo Jealous!

And then to add Wayne Newton!

Sounds like an awesome weekend!

Kat said...

lol.
My nanny would've died if I got a pic of her. She went to the KY Derby shortly after going to southern VA.
lol
Wayne Newton is so corny but I love him!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Happy to see your blog updated from your week-end away...
Imagine Wayne Newton..ahahahah
Remember you and I dancing in the country to Wayne Newton's Dunkashane song....Dunkashane darling Dunkashane....ahaha.....
you never know what surprises are ahead of you in life!.....
Glad you made Grandma happy....she will want you back soon....
you are so lovable!

Anonymous said...

I love the comment about Wayne Newton being there...but you didn't see him!
I guess you could say that you were at the same place at ALMOST the same time!