Monday, May 21, 2007

Meet Soleil (sun)

Our weekend in Mtl. was defintely a good one. We were running around so much seeing different people and eating A LOT!
We got to Mtl. on Thurs morning at 3 am. A few hours later I had my dentist appointment with Dr. Hampshire (the best dentist) to see if there was anything wrong with one of my teeth. I've been getting some numb feeling in one of them lately. Anyway after an x-ray he told me nothing was wrong and I was on my merry way.
We headed to Procaps to see everyone there and got a chance to catch up and make plans for later.
I also went to see Barbara, Wendy and the rest of the gang at Diversi-Tech. Miss them lots and all of our great conversations. We plan to meet half way this summer.
After supper with my fam., my Nanny came over for a game of Boogle. She played a mean game and it was hard to keep up.
Sorry no pics. Marc left with the car and my camera was in it.
I went to Tangerine to get my hair done on Friday at 10 and didn't get home 'til 1:30! She did a great job. I colored my hair back to my original one with some highlights. I'm so lazy when it comes to going to the hair dresser I wanted it to be as easy to maintain as possible. I actually don't like going to the salon 'cos it takes so long!
Marc helped Mitch dig up the front driveway and took care of the automatic car starter that wasn't working since my accident. My bro and I headed to Fairview so that he could pick up some new work clothes.
Mom and I went to Panier (of course!) where I picked up some dip and awesome smoked cheddar cheese. We also passed by Chapters to pick up some French books for me (they don't sell any here).
After supper, I played three way Nintendo DS with my Bro and his girlfriend. It was awesome! Olga is too good at the Mario mini games.

Saturday morning we went to Angell Woods to spread Vegas' ashes. It was nice to be there and we walked along the path that we used to take, and talked about Vegas and how great he was. We laughed about his ways but tears were soon to come. We spread half of his ashes and will be keeping the rest with us. I feel very good that we went there and also feel that we did the right thing. I can't think of a more appropriate place to go.
I felt a sense of closure after leaving, I know we did the right thing.

Afterward, we stopped by the agility trials in St-Lazare. Jael won first place with her dog Indy. Good job!


We stopped by Diane's on our way back. Take a look at the pic above...That's baby Veg's brother Dallas!!! He is HUGE, and also taller than me, not that that's very hard to accomplish! He was an affectionate boy but he seemed so scary! He kept giving me his paw and hitting me in the face!


Him again...
We headed to Mitch and Jael's after for a great supper as always.


Sunday breaky before leaving...

I forgot how much butter dad puts on his toast! Yes, he is having steak with his breakfast.


And last but not least...this is Soleil.
She's coming to stay with us for a little while. She fights a lot with Coco, the other female at Diane's. Diane asked us to take her for a little while to see how she does. Diane is her owner and her breeder from PA, is her co-owner. So in other words, we are the glorified babysitters.
She will finish her Championship, and they will breed her at about 3 years. She is 10 months old.
She was super quiet on the drive home, and has really taken a liking to me. When we got home after the super long drive, she was very playful with me, and jumped around like a little horse. She is very dainty and has a pretty face. Will post more pics later.
She is very apprehensive of others right now. She has definetely been groomed to be a show dog, and has spent most her life in that kind of atmosphere. Marc is going to feed her to establish some kind of trust.
She is very cute and likes to lick my eyes.
She is not used to being walked on a leash to go to the bathroom. This is a concern, since we don't have a backyard. When she is on a leash, she walks like she is in a show ring! I've made progress with her already. She had an accident in the house (she went in the bathroom lol) on her first night with us. She is now peeing in the same spot outside, and she gets lots of praise and a treat when she does. I think I worried too much about it, she will be fine.
In all, she is very sweet with me, and I'm hoping that she will warm up to others soon.

10 comments:

Joey said...

Glad we got to meet last week on your stop by Procaps.

Soleil is pretty. . . you simply must post up some new pictures

Anonymous said...

HI Katie,
Your write up on the trip up home was great.....Soleil is cute.....
glad she is a good girl.....
How was the border going back?

Kat said...

All went well. They asked Marc is he had ever been arrested and I laughed. I told him to cover up his tattoos when he crosses. Stuff like that always happens to him and MB.
Thank you for everything, I'm glad that we got to spend some time together...I watched Bon Cop... on the way home...it was funny! Thanks again!

Cari said...

whoa! did you know before hand that you were going to bring her back with you? that's nice company again! glad to hear you had a good weekend...you made me miss montreal!

Anonymous said...

Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat said...

Melissa-lol I wish.
Cari- I had a feeling she was going to offer us because she was telling me that Soleil and Coco weren't getting along.
Soleil has a few bad bite marks on her neck!
I am happy to have some company but its hard because now I have to give updates to 2 breeders! The one in PA wants to come visit and bring her handler.
Yesterday was hard for her she was very jumpy and a little aggressive toward people.
Today was great though. she has warmed up a lot and was very playful with everyone. She's pretty used to going to the bathroom on her leash but she's very particular about where she goes. I had to bring her home so she could pee on the grass here!
I'm very happy that we've made great progress so soon.
Give Jessie a kiss for me!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you were taking the devil female home with you!! I hope all is well!!
Jael

Kat said...

LOL! It's about time you write a comment!!!!!!
I'm calling you later for your super dog knowledge....

Anonymous said...

That picture of dad's buttered toast is disgusting.

He still fries steak at random hours of the night. Most people's midnight snacks consist of crackers or cookies, his is steak and fried onions.

Kat said...

Billy- LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!yep