Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Weather

Weather: Virginia Is For Lovers: "Gainesville, VA

Currently at 2/13/2007 4:20:34 PM EST
Freezing Rain
Temp: 28 F / Humidity: 86% / Winds: N at 4 mph "

Although its not cold here today, the roads are getting pretty nasty. I did the banking that I do for work, and went to the post office early this morning. There's no way I'm driving on these roads today or tomorrow! I finish at 6pm but am going to stay until about 7, so its less likely that I will encounter as many drivers on the road. Everything is pretty well grounded here. There's barely any snow on the ground but people usually stay off the roads after about 4cm have fallen. Man, I can't believe what I'm used to in Quebec 'cos this is nothing! If a couple of cm fall here, there is no school, and people don't go into work. I think I've gotten maybe one or two snow days growing up! Kids must love it here!

1 comment:

Cari said...

montreal is hard core...i was shocked by that when i moved there...they never cancel school! in nova scotia we had TONS of snow days. i remember the school board getting in trouble because they would cancel school if it was calling for snow and then it would be sunny! one year they almost extended the school year because they had given us so many snow days...luckily parents actually complained and that didn't happen!