Saturday, June 02, 2007

Wedding Crashers...well not really


We had a great day today. We all went for a morning swim, and got ready for Jeremy & Iesha's wedding. Jeremy & Iesha are the couple that took care of the baby kittens (mentioned in a previous post). Jeremy's dad is the Dr. who took care of me after my accident too.
We got there in the nick of time. We ran late because Marc couldn't decide if his beige pants were too short. Everyone bugged him so much, that he went back inside to change into his longer black ones.
It was SO hot today, not sure the temp, probably 100, or high 30's. Yesterday, it was 108! Which is about 38. Needless to say, I've been hiding from the sun and still got a burn! (not a bad one)
The wedding was held at the Blackthorne Inn. It was THE perfect place for a wedding. They got married in a very nice and brief ceremony, took their pics on the property, and had their reception there too. What more could they ask for?
I had a couple of drinks while most were REALLY taking advantage of the open bar. Needless to say, everyone was having a great time, especially Aaron! He had to be put in the car for a little nap. Who would've known? Aaron is usually so sweet and quiet.
Andrea and I got our hands done with henna. They put a little circle of it on your hand, and wrapped it in a silk cloth. It looked like a blob of baby poop, then it turned into an orange circle. Its meant for good luck. I'll let you know!;)
On our way home, we drove through Middleburg. I would live there in a second. It had beautiful stone homes and wonderful little villages. I reminded me of Old Montreal & Pte-Claire village. Our friend is opening a store there within the month, so its an excuse to go!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
What? Me not leave a comment?...ahaha......
What a lovely setting no pictures of the food though ... tsk,tsk....
you and Marc looked ever so handsome.....Looks like a sweet couple indeed!
Very glad you had a great time....poor Marc getting picked on...everyone is just jealous!
That was funny when I said ..I have this feeling that you will be going to a wedding soon...and low and behold....you said "As a matter of fact we are....next week-end"....I wonder what else I can "ESP"......you never know.....
Keep up the great blog!

Kat said...

Thanks, momsies!
xox