Monday, June 25, 2007


I headed up to Winchester on Friday evening to spend the weekend with Andrea's grandma, and to take care of the puppies. Grandma and I had our regular drinks together, and I headed off to bed.
Saturday, Travis showed me around town. We went to the Virginia Market to pick up a pie for Grandma, then headed "downtown". It was a very cute village, with lots of antique stores and cafes. We poked around, and stopped for a drink at a local pub.
Grandma and I wrapped up our evening, with a Western movie and some more drinks.
That night, Gibson the cat, decided he was going to get frisky at 4 a.m.
Ellie Mae and I were cuddled up together in bed, having the best sleep of our lives. Gibson decided to play with my bracelets, that were on the nightstand. I shooed him off, and he was back 30 seconds later, when I was almost back to sleep. He then decided to knock my glass over, and started to roll the cup all around the table.
I pushed him off again. I put the cup, bracelet and misc. objects under the sheets with me.
He then came back full throttle, and jumped right on Ellie Mae's head. She lifted her head, and the cat was still on it, his claws and teeth still stuck in her head.
Bye bye Gibson. I put him outside, so that he could get rid of some of that excess energy.
The next morning Gibson came out of the woods when we came outside, meowing and purring when he saw us. Ellie Mae chased him through the bushes, and around their house. Did I stop it? Nope. That's Karma for ya.
Grandma asked me to stay one more night. We had a yummy cookout, with all kinds of people on Sunday, and tons of dogs.
I headed back early this morning.
Side note...Today was the first time that I was actually sick of blogging! Could it be real? I'm a little bit bored of it now, and find my posts, kind of half assed...Maybe I'm tired 'cos I've been up since 5am, and I'm waiting to embark on my long ride to work. We'll see if it changes... Bye for now!

3 comments:

Cari said...

Katie, don't give up on me now!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice slideshow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Very entertaining indeed!
Loved it.....you should be writing a book or for a magazine or something....I am telling you....
you are a gifted girl....love you!