Monday, June 18, 2007

Animal Crossing Wild World


Nothing too exciting happened this weekend.
Worked on Sat., watched UFC that night. Went for a swim on Sunday.
Have I ever mentioned that I'm totally addicted to Animal Crossing Wild World?
After Vegas died, I bought a Nintendo DS to keep my mind occupied. It really did help for the most part. I am not a gamer. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I've just seen it turn very nice people into cave dwellers.
I think it stems from my brother's obsession with video games as a child. He had EVERY entertainment system that came out, accompanied by all the best games. I was mostly a 'voyeur', due to the fact that he was extremely selfish with his toys. He still is. When I went back to Mtl. he barely let me play with is Wii. This is the year 2007, and nothing has changed.
C'est la vie! No worries, I was evil to him too. I elbowed him in the back for no good reason.
I blame that on our childhood admiration of WWF wrestling.
I absolutely loved the new Mario Bros (DS). Its probably one of my all time fav. games. I was thinking of getting Animal Crossing but didn't really understand the point of it. I got a chance to play my bro's g.friends game, and decided to take the plunge.
1 month later....OBSESSED! I started by playing before bed for about a half an hour, now I play at any free moment that I have! I talk to Marc about golden shovels, and about how much the turnips are selling at Tom Nook's store.
His eyes usually glaze over, then he asks me what's for supper.
I have not gotten very far in the game. I am on my third mortage and have donated a fair amount to the museum. Mostly fish. My favorite catch has been the hammerhead shark. I'm still chasing down the tarantula that keeps bitting me.
At this point, Olga and I are playing via WFC. She has given me many a fruit to plant in my town. I started with only apples. Now I have a variety of oranges, peaches, cherries and coconuts! Awesome!!! If anyone that I know, reads this post and wants to exchange friend codes, let me know, I'd be up for a tour of your town!
Did anyone understand this post?!?! LOL
See ya!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a nontendo game cube and have not found any ganes that I understand yet! I am very stupid when it comes to this sort of stuff! Can you play that Animal crossing game on my system???

Cari said...

must.try.to.stay.focused. katie because i love you, i made a true effort to read that post...however, the part i understood and related to the most, was the part where you said marc's eyes glaze over! hehe:) but i'm glad you're having fun!!!

Joey said...

hun?


;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Wow....you are weird.....

Did have a big laugh about Marc's eyes glazing over...ahahahhaaaaaaaaa

Kat said...

Melili- As far as I know no...but you could get a ds and we could play!:)You are? Awesome! Done and done!
Cari- You suck! I knew when I was writing this post, that everyone would be like, "What the hell is she talking about??!?!"
I had to share my excitement.
Your comment was funny.
Joey- You're a bug!
Mom- I'm your daughter. You are not supposed to call me weird. I leave that kind of abuse to my friends. ;)
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow, i wasn't really that selfish.

I still remember that vicious elbow to the back you gave me. I'm just waiting for the right time to get you back!

p.s. it is available for the gamecube, but you won't be able to play together.