Friday, April 20, 2007

Vegas Update

I guess I should update everyone about Vegas. We all know that we lost him Monday April 9. I am feeling strong enough to discuss my loss. The vet still has his blood, and is trying to find the appropriate person who specializes in Cardiomyopathy.
Will keep you posted regarding that.
I miss him more than anything, it is difficult to do much of anything without thinking of him, since he was always with me, even in the bathroom! Maybe I should have set some boundaries 'cos I can't even pee without thinking of him! lol
I haven't packed his things away, as morbid as that may seem. When it first happened, I was angry and threw out his food dishes, and bones but stopped myself before I threw away things that I might regret later. I bought a nice antique looking treasure chest to put his keepsake things in, like baby teeth, birthday collar, and favorite toy(s). I also bought a large bin to put his favorite blankets and the rest of his things.
Everyday gets a little easier with less crying. I think about all the ways he made me laugh, the innocent and silly things that he has done, and that truly makes me feel happy.
I want to thank everyone who has reached out to me, I was so surprised to see how he had affected other people's lives. I really appreciate all that people have done and said to console me, to make my grieving process an easier one.
You guys are the best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Yes it is good to know that so many people truly cared about you and Vegas and your wonderful relationship with him.....it is a lovely example and wish more humans good be as good as he was.
Bless you my darling.....and one day you will be with him again.....
love
mom
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi katie....
I made a mistake and meant to say
could be as good.....
instead of good be as good.....
but anyways it is 6:09 p.m. and I am pooped on a Friday.....
Just want to say also how truly sorry Dad and I and Billy are about your loss.....
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Like I said...Vegas was truly a one of a kind dog! I've never met a Doberman with such a soft side! He will truly be missed by every person he met...and jumped on :)