Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Happy B-Day MB!

We celebrated MB's Bday tonight...As you can see Andrea bought him a cake that he can actually see. What I mean is that he can tell what colour (or shade) it is...Yep, he's colour blind...We had a Bar-B-Q, I took lots of pictures but I won't post them because MB is always giving the finger...Not very nice at all... Random pic of me at Tyson's Corner getting MB's present. It's at a cute 'Make Your Own Bear Store'. Marc was a little embarassed to take this pic. so it didn't turn out so well. Matt went on the other side of the mall...I didn't see a problem, I waited 'til all the kids had their turn!



I had a great time making his wrapping paper. Guess what it cost me? $0! I love a good bargain. It's been awhile since I've made someone's wrapping paper, so i was excited. I already know that I'm a nerd ok! Anyway, I got to work early today, and took some printing paper and coloured some black dots on it. Then I wrapped it, and crazy glued the little bolts on some of the spots...I then cut strips of a garbage bag (a dirty one I might add, just for him;), and added a few screws to the bow and voila! Weird gift for a weird guy! P.S. Matt was also a consultant on the gift wrapping.

Oh look his hands are full! No finger! Here's a pic that I can acually post.


Sporting his new RayBan Aviators

Can you guess what the animals are in the above pics? Nooo, not hamsters. Cats! Iesha brought over three kittens that she is nursing back to life. They are 4 weeks old. She's been taking care of them for a week now. The mother brought the three babies to someone's doorstep and left. The man brought them to the vet, and said that if they didn't do something with them, then he would probably leave them outside somewhere...Thank god that jerk had some sense! So Iesha and Jeremy have been nursing them every three hours and losing lots of sleep. They are the cutest little things. I got to hold one named Q-Tip. He liked walking backwards. They were all very shaky, and were crying and purring so much. I got to feed one briefly after he started to suck on my finger. It was very sweet. Mom, in case you're wondering, I won't be taking any of them. I'm not up for any new ones just yet. The vet where Iesha works has already found them homes anyway. I can just see you reading this now and saying to yourself, oh dear she's getting another animal. Cheers to Iesha, for taking them in!


On another note, as some of you may know, it is Admin day today. My hero Dave W. (you know him by the Dave-Isms that I post) brought me pink daisies and roses. It was a great surprise and just reinforces how cool he is. Can you believe he's not married? Oh well. Yesterday, he showed me pics from when he was at the Pentagon for 911, and of the following days. They were crazy and yep I saw parts of the plane. I also saw some very sad pics of people. I can't imagine what that must've been like for anyone who went through it, or for those who were there afterward.


Wow! I just pulled a Mom! I ended my post on a sad note! lol! Miss your antics!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tiny bit of credit! So smelly farts are you ready for the caverns? Lets get wasted in the parking lot before we go in!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known it was MB's birthday.

I would have sent a card.

Joey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed with your craftiness! I really like the wrapping papier!
And I can't believe you took a pic with a maskot! I'm terrified of those things...you couldn't get me in a picture with one! You are very brave...

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
I am glad you are doing your blog again.....it makes my dull life without you more interesting....
Anyways....you are quite the creator,writer and wonderful daughter....love you!
Those kittens must have been right up your alley.....I am surprised you did not take all 3 of them!
Good for you...finally putting your foot down...hahahaha