Monday, September 17, 2007

I love a man in a skirt...

Saturday morning, Marc and I went to the parade in Haymarket. I wanted to go there because they were offering a "Country Breakfast", and some wine tasting. We caught most of the parade and went to a cute coffee shop that sold antique furniture. When we got to the town hall, the breakast was a touch sloppy, and there were old drunken farmers lying on the ground. Just kidding. That would've been the fun part! Imagine the pics!?! The wine tasting section had about 3 booths, and no drunken farmers.zzzzzzzzzzz Marc and I both agreed that we were spoiled in Montreal. Anyone been to Montreal's beer fest?
It's a classy place for alcoholics to meet.
Anywho, we salvaged the day by heading to IHOP for some not so soggy breakfast, and headed to Sky Meadows State Park for our original plan of seeing the Scottish Fest. It was great! They had the usual games, food, dancers, lots of vendors and even sheep!
They also had a live band. The piper is always the best part. I am used to going to the Alexandria or Montreal ones every year, so this was a special treat. We sampled some beer and I caught Marc peeking up the mens kilts. I hadn't had beer in so long, it was yummy to sip!
We made our way back up to Andrea's to spend the rest of the weekend. Much to MB's dismay, I got to dress up Ellie Mae who has been coming to work with us lately. Dan has a heavy exam load, and didn't want to take her with him to school this week.
I will post all of my recent pics tomorrow evening. There are some very cute ones!
This week will be a busy one, gotta finish everything at work, before I head back to Michigan for another tournament this week! Ciao!
http://www.vascottishgames.org/indexn.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
GLad you updated your blog
and happy you enjoyed last week-end...nice to see new places and events...the bagpipes must have been nice to hear....