Monday, September 10, 2007

Domestic Goddess



I don't care what you say, it's not too early to think about Halloween! September brings many thoughts of Halloween, and a relief that summer is finally over! Ok, I don't hate it that much but I prefer the cooler temps, and crisp air!
So I decided that I was to have a date with my oven this weekend. As most know, I am not a big baker.
Well, I must say 3 hrs to bake 18 shortbread cookies was enough for me! I did have fun though.
It took so long because they said to put the dough in the freezer for at least an hour, so I set the timer for 50 minutes, only to find that the dough had frozen into a solid disk! I was getting confused. I decided to throw the dough in the micro for a few minutes only to find it bubbling while I was on the phone. So back in the freezer it went for another 15 minutes.
I was able to roll out the dough and cut out the cute hallo shapes.
I watched the cookies in the oven like a paranoid woman, to make sure that they didn't burn. The icing recipe said to ice the warm cookies, so I did. It turned out looking like shortbread soup. Maybe they should have cooled a little longer! The icing had cute little white flecks in it too, from not having a sifter.
As you can see from the pics above, the deco on them looks like a 5 year did them but again, I had fun!!!
I must say the cookies were delish!!! I swear!
I spent the rest of the day chillin with Marc and catching up on Harry Potter.
I spent Sunday at Target and headed to Andrea's for supper and spent the night. Guess what else I did? I shot a handgun. MB showed me how to hold the gun and aim properly. I actually hit the target. I shot two rounds, and that was enough for me. I'm definetely NOT a gun person. I'd rather take up archery.
Hope you had a good weekend!

4 comments:

Cari said...

yummy! they look wonderful and you look adorable in your apron! you're so naturally creative! you'll be sad to hear that Halloween doesn't really exist here:( i think i'm going to have to still do something halloweeny to make it feel like october! wish you could send one of those cookies my way....they're making me hungry!

Kat said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You need to bring Halloween to Australia! People will be open to it!

Joey said...

Awww, they look so sweet! Literately sweet!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.