Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Soup Man


I guess everyone who watched Seinfeld, remembers the following episode
as one the show's best.

Well, I got to eat one of his 'famous' soups today. Marc and I went to Tyson's corner for lunch, and to pick up a gift for Andrea's b-day. I didn't realize that the 'Soup Nazi' was based upon a real life person. His soups gained popularity in Manhattan, and he hasn't looked back. People joke that he really is an ogre! See the below link to read his "Customer Rules".


I have to say, the Crab Bisque that I had, was INCREDIBLE! It was worth the whopping $11.50! Curiously enough, it didn't just come with a standard piece of baguette but it came with a banana too! Why a banana? Anywho, I wasn't complaining, and I was served with a smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Katie,
Always a pleasure to see what comes up next on your blog....
I looked at the guys face and before I read anything...I said that reminds me of the Seinfield episode..neato..it was...the soup must have been delicious...glad you enjoyed it...banana too (weird) indeed.....thanks