Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Well my friends, we made it to 1 year in one piece! lol A lot has gone on this past year but we made it! Our anniversary was on the fifteenth but we decided to celebrate this Saturday. We had made plans for the afternoon, so we decided to have a nice breakfast together. I surprised Marc with a little suitcase that I made, and put lots of hand drawn cutouts, of the special memories that I had from our wedding/honeymoon.
Marc snuck away that morning, to bring us back an Edible Arrangement for two. Marc actually got this one past me, and pre-ordered it the day before. BUT! I guessed it right before he walked out the door to go pick it up. Marc honestly doesn't know how I do it! lol He's known I've wanted to try it for awhile now, so I was very happy to get it.
Boy was it yummy! It could've fed 4 people!
I've gotta try to make one of these...
Ellie Mae came for a visit.
She made herself right at home on the Love Sac.
She even went upstairs and had the biggest poop I've ever seen, in our bedroom.
It easily weighed 2 lbs.!
She really is a good puppy, I guess she missed her morning poop walk (cough cough M.B.).
It was nice to spend time with her, she is a very good natured dog,
even when Vegas used to try to mount her!

Andrea invited me to her work, to cut and dye my hair. She chopped away my hair, and put lots of blonde streaks in it. (sorry no pics right now my battery is dead, and I lost my charger). It looks great. We went back to her place, and watched the boys set up their new 'man cave', called 'Bucks'. You can imagine what it looks like. It's a little garage/workshop, that looks just like a little cottage, that Andrea has on her property. It WAS very cute. MB and Marc set up their dart board, mini fridge, couches and various disgusting deer heads, squirrels, and fish busts, to make it into their own private, no girls allowed, drunken sanctuary.

I'm kidding, it's actually pretty cool.

Andrea and I took the opportunity to go out and do girl stuff. We went to downtown Winchester to poke around in stores, and to pick up some dart related equipment for MB. We also bought Salt and Vinegar crickets, and Cheddar Cheese larvae at a novelty/toy store. Andrea actually got me to eat a cricket! Gross! It tasted just like a peanut. Unfortunately, I crunched away at it, while Andrea swallowed it whole. Ten minutes later, I was still picking crickets legs out of my teeth. LOL

Can't say I'm not daring!

We wrapped up our day by swinging by the Greek Festival, and had lots of yummy food, and picked up the boys to go eat supper at a greek restau.

Hope you guys had a good weekend!

4 comments:

Cari said...

I think those fruit baskets are the greatest thing! I want one...hint hint Steve if you're reading this....;)

Anonymous said...

HI Katie and Marc,
Forgot to say....
oh good grief eating a cricket.....
oh well good to try everything at least once....the Greek restaurant must have been great!!

Anonymous said...

HI Katie and Marc,
I had a previous comment but don't know where it went to....
I wanted to say that the fruit bouquet is no neat...right up your alley Katie...and Marc surprising you....that is terrific!!
HAPPY FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Joey said...

ewwwwwwww crickets!