Friday, March 07, 2008

All is well in doggie land...


We're all hanging in there despite the freezing temps! It has snowed so much this past week, I believe everyone now, when they say that it's been the worst winter in years. We're expecting more snow on Sat. too!

Yesterday was beautiful, so Romeo and I played outside for awhile.
So far he has a great temperament with lots of feisty thrown in.
Ah (sigh), the joys of having a pain in the butt puppy again. ;)


Thankfully, we were able to get him in a puppy class with the Lakeshore Dog Training Association.
http://www.ldta.ca/

The class is held every Tues. night. There's plenty more classes in obedience if we want to get involved afterward, which is something that I'd love to do. So I think between Confirmation and Obedience, we're good to go. I'm not as crazy about agility but I will definetely look into it.

The first part of our class was socialization. All the pups ran around and played, then we were to call them away from their new friends. Romeo showed no fear, and was very eager to play with dogs that were much bigger than him. He was nice to all the pups. It scares me just a little that he has no fear whatsoever though! I can't wait to take him to the dog park, so he can get thrown around a bit by the bigger dogs! ;)

The rest of the class was about learning the basic commands... sit, down, come etc...and he also went through the tunnel. The hour went by quickly, and he slept like a rock afterward.

Can't wait till next week!

2 comments:

Michela said...

Wow, he's adorable!!
I've very happy for you, have you seen the dog whisperer?

Xo Mich

Kat said...

Yes, I love him!
I was reading his first book when I went to your wedding! :)