Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy Christmas, Merry New Year!



...and what a happy time it was! We were at my parents for a week and had a fantastic time. We ate so much we were pooped!
The Blanchards had their customary incredible Christmas Eve dinner, and we got to see their new Bearded Dragon. He snuggled up right under my lapel to keep warm while he was out of his terrarium.
It was nice to see everyone and catch up too. Everyone looked great, and I couldn't get over how much the kids grew in the past six months!
We had our Christmas dinner at my Nanny's and opened up tons of gifts there. We laughed till our stomachs hurt and I was sorry to see the night come to an end. :)
Our little family outting was fun too. We went bowling and played some air hockey. I am still undefeated at Air Hockey! I welcome all challenges.
The trip was a success because we got to visit with everyone, friends and family, and got to a chance to kick back too.
If you're wondering who "Mac" is, he's a new member of the Paquette family. They are close friends to our family. He is the cutest dog and has endless amounts of energy.
I was so happy to see my Minou. We cuddled up together every night, I still can't believe he's 17! Even the vet doesn't believe me! :)
Upon our return, we exchanged gifts with Andrea, MB and the rest of the VA fam.
I had such a great time on New Year's Eve. We stayed in and played Wii. Sam and I played my new addiction, Mario Galaxy and then we all played Wii sports.
We ended the night with some shots = Alcohol and guns. Lovely mix indeed. When the ball dropped, we headed out to the back deck and shot off rounds of guns. Well, not me but I thought it was amusing. It was definetely a fantastic holiday!

Happy New Year to everyone, thank you for everything, it all meant so much!
xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie....
As usual I always love your blog....we certainly did have a wonderful visit.....loved all your help around the house....what a BIG helper you are....pictures look fantastic....enjoyed them all..thank you!
We certainly did stuff ourselves ...hope I do better next time bowling...ahahah!!!!
Loved our presents also....Rataouille is a great movie..happy Dad loved it also!
Minou was a lucky boy to have his loving Mom with him....thanks for all Katie...we love you!