Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Clippity Clops


Sunday was an AMAZING day!
Andrea found us to a beautiful place to go horseback riding, called Wheel Wagon Ranch.
It's owned by a husband and wife.
They own over 250 acres of property, which spans over 3 counties, and they have lots of cattle. His wife Sam, who took us on the tour, is a Barrel racer. It has something to do with Rodeo stuff, which I know absolutely nothing about. She's a superstar though, and very down to earth.
Andrea being the experienced rider that she is, took one of her cattle horses, while I rode the one that was on its way to the glue factory. Just kidding my horse was 4 and very calm.
They used him for lessons.


I didn't bring my camera on the ride since it was my first time in many years.

My horse Roney, was very responsive and moved at the slightest pull of his reigns. Andrea's horse was beautiful too, and took many poop and pee breaks. When I first went to pet him, he turned around and took a big poop near my shoe.

We began a slightly scary descent of a hill, and then rode along a stream near some caves, then through hills and valleys. We stopped for some water at a troff, and my horse stuck his whole head in, then stopped for some grass. We took another ascent up a hill and my horse started to pick up speed, which made me a little nervous but he slowed down after a few seconds. We rode through herds of cattle, and they didn't care at all! It was SO MUCH FUN! I would love to do it again anytime. The weather was SO nice. The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. Afterward, they served us lemonade and cookies and we played with their dogs.

Sunday was definetely my favorite day in Virginia so far! I can't wait to do it again!

Giddy Up!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
SO glad you loved your ride on Roney.....what a good boy you had!
Nice!....you and Andrea looked great...hope I can do it with you one day!....Nice one!....Hope you get to go again soon.....sounds like very nice people for sure.....
Yiddy yup ....!

Kat said...

Thanks Momsies.
I will take more pics the next go around. I was very careful this time around. The other pics that I have weren't that great 'cos it was SO sunny and I'm frowning a lot. Can't wait 'til it cools off a bit. Wouldn't that be great if we could go!?!? Yeeeehaaaa!
You would look like a cute country pumpkin! xox

Cari said...

that looks like so much fun! i love the way you described it! it sounds like the perfect day!

Anonymous said...

How cool! I love horse back riding and its an activity I have not done in ages!
Glad you had a great day :)

Cari said...

hello? anybody home?