Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sunday Drivers

Front is ok.

The side that hit the pole...


Right bumper where she hit me...



Matt and I went shopping on Sunday. It started snowing. Virginia doesn't see much snow.
OMG a snowflake, call the Army!
So we were on our way home on Hwy 66, and a lady lost control of her car. She spun around, and smashed into the right side of my truck. The impact pushed the truck to the side of the highway, and the left side hit a pole. Our joy ride ended in a ditch.
She had some damage to her car too. A Trooper came, and filled out a report. After all was said and done, the lady was charged with failure to maintain control of her vehicle. She was liable for the whole thing.
Thankfully we all walked away in one piece.
I went to the doctor today. He said I have trauma to my lower left side of my back. He gave me a prescription for pain killers which also acts as a sleep aid. I need those 'cos I haven't been sleeping. I have to go to see him again next week.
I'm more traumatized by the whole thing than anything. I keep thinking about what I could've done but there was really no way around it. Everything is getting taken care of by her insurance but I still feel like crap.
I have a rental now, and they are taking my car away to be fixed. Who knows how long that will take. I'm also meeting with someone from Nationwide Insurance regarding the Injury Claim.
That's pretty much the extent of what's been going on.
To make matters worse, Marc's truck was broken into last night! There wasn't much to steal. They got away with some sentimental stuff, and they even stole his shovel. Wow, I hope they're enjoying that shovel. Maybe they will shovel our driveway. Oh wait no. I hope that they don't. They might slip and fall, and smash into my rental.
I miss Montreal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sentimental stuff did they get away with...Jenna Jameson DVD's??!?! Just joking...so glad to hear that your okay after the crash! Montreal misses you too~~

Anonymous said...

HI Katie and Marc,
Yes Montreal really really misses you too....and I want you to all come back please.....
But am so very very happy that you are all okay and still carrying on with your best shot.....
Love you all and better luck ahead...

Cari said...

I am so relieved to hear that you weren't hurt! Think of this as a small bump in the road, or in your case, a large bump in your bumper! Be strong and I hope you're feeling all better soon! Miss you and thinking of you! Sending you lots of good vibes...take good care!