Thursday, September 28, 2006

Weekend Adventure


So I'm heading off to Michy's wedding this weekend. I'll be at the Enchanted Garden, in the Orchid house...http://enchantedgardenaz.net/
I'm staying in an Adobe house. What the heck is an adobe house? Computers come to mind... Wikipedia says:
Adobe is a natural building material composed of sand, sandy clay and straw or other organic materials, which is shaped into bricks using wooden frames and dried in the sun. Adobe structures are extremely durable and account for the oldest extant buildings on the planet. Adobe buildings also offer significant advantages in hot, dry climates; they remain cooler as adobe stores and releases heat very slowly.

I'll be arriving Saturday and coming back Tues night. Quick trip... but packed with fun nonetheless! We'll be exploring caverns on Sunday, and if I can find someone to go with, I'll head to Mexico Monday morning...its twenty minutes from where I'll be.
My coworker Barb, who follows ALL the world's currrent events, informed me that people are being beheaded there right now! Anyway, we'll see how bold I'm feeling on Monday...
Wish me a safe trip! Will post lots of pictures!

No comments: