Monday, September 22, 2008

Congratulations to Me!

Now that's a flattering pic if I've ever seen one! Don't know who's lighting it for me but shame on them, I'm innocent ;)
I'm very proud to admit that it's been one whole year since I've kicked the disgusting and utterly consuming addiction.
I've hid it from many people over the years, and am so happy to be rid of my arsenal of gum, perfumes, hand lotions and even smoking jackets! It was a full time job!
I've had many opportunities to fall off the wagon over the year but would never dare. I would never want to go through the initial, miserable quit time ever again. While in Toronto two weeks ago, everyone around me was smoking, and I didn't touch a single one. My lungs actually hurt the next day though. :(
It been worth every lb. that I've packed on since quitting :) When I got back to Montreal, I had lost all the extra weight, and then some but unfortunately now that I'm not walking all those kms a day with Romeo, they've come back. Must get another dog!
He was great motivation :)

3 comments:

Cari said...

good on ya mate!:)

Anonymous said...

This picture scares me.

Anonymous said...

By me i mean Billy.